Want to give Yoga a try but feel uncomfortable just walking straight into a class?
You already practice but want to take a step back and cover all the bases?
This five week course is for you! You will be introduced to the foundational elements of Yoga in a relaxed and structured way.
This course is suitable for ALL levels of physical fitness and no previous experience is required.
The course will be largely practical but will also explore some of Yoga’s context and cover elements of Yoga philosophy. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and, by keeping the numbers down to a maximum of ten participants, individual attention is guaranteed. You will also receive handouts to keep – with further information and home routines to help you start a home practice should you wish to. Email and phone support will be available throughout the 5 weeks should you have any questions or doubts.
Below is a brief outline of what we will cover:
- What is Yoga?
- Brief history of Yoga and its context in the eastern spiritual practices
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – THE Yoga text – Brief overview
- Main types of Yoga
- The stated purpose(s) of Yoga practice
- Benefits – why practice?
- The interaction of movement and breath
- Sun salutations
- The main asana (posture) groups
- Forward bends
- Core refinement
- Savasana (relaxation)
- Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Building a sustainable and realistic home practice
When: Saturdays at 10:00 am for 75 minutes – Five weeks, starting April 22nd
Where: Moray Hall, St. Meddan’s Church, Church Street, Troon.
Investment: £50 – concessions available, speak to me.
By booking only: BOOK NOW